Monday, August 10, 2026
"Patrice" on NHK E
I had the TV on NHK E (Education, 教育) whilst waiting for the afternoon's early Koshien baseball game to begin on NHK General. (NHK's galaxy of programming is equaled for quality and vaiety only by the BBC, perhaps. Maybe.)
Patrice: The Movie https://share.google/qoF7oYly10fkUY7CX
The station aired "Patrice", a documentary about a couple with impairments and their indomitable spirit (no self-pity here) in the face of life in general and, as this is the US of A, the gratuitous cruelty of US regulations regarding social insurance eligibility. (If you are American, you'll know exactly what form of evil the inhumaity takes. Hyperbole? I doubt it.)
It is sad, infuriating, and uplifting all at once. And it makes one (that person is me) wish horrible things would befall the architects and apologists of these policies. (I should add that the latter sentiment is my own and not expressed in the movie.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment