Monday, June 13, 2011

Views from a Vespa- 320 km Scoot in Niigata, Yamagata, Fukushima


The photo was taken in Sekikawa Village, Niigata. The main tourist attraction in Sekikawa, the Watanabe Yashiki,  was under re-constructition at the time of my visit, but other local structures had been completely restored, including this home with a kayabuki thatch roof.  

In the photo below the Vespa is parked outside a traditional plaster and lath storehouse called a kura.


entering Yamagata prefecture
recently planted rice in the background  

3 comments:

Russell Jenkins said...

The scooter looks happy to be in those places.

Unknown said...

This is not the first of your posts I've read, and you never cease to amaze me. Thank you, and I look forward to reading more.


Education Consultants karachi

Visa guide said...

I've read several of your posts, and you always impress me. Thank you, and I eagerly anticipate reading more.

Study Visa Consultants Pakistan