Fukushima Dai-ichi Nuclear Plant
From the Asahi Newspaper comes the following:
* There are 4,546 spent fuel rods at the Dai-ichi facility, which comprises 6 reactors. (Today is the first time I've seen this figure.)
* Steam is issuing from the damaged spent fuel containment pool at Unit 4, where high levels of heat have been detected.
* The system which pumps water into the containment pool at Unit 4 is not functioning.
* It is thought that rods at Unit 4 have been damaged because of overheating.
* The number of dead stands at 6,911.
* The number of confirmed missing is 17,000.
*Relief supplies, including medicine and fuel, have begun reaching hard-hit areas but remain in very short supply this morning.